Here is a healthy option for all BBQ lovers who still want to make the most of the outdoor cooking season while keeping the calories in check.
This grilled Greek chicken is tender and juicy and flavored with plenty of fresh herbs and lemon. Pair it with a Greek salad for a healthy and delicious weeknight meal.
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Combine all ingredients except chicken in a medium bowl. Pour into a large ziptop plastic bag. Add chicken and place in refrigerator to marinate for 6 to 12 hours.
- Remove chicken from refrigerator and place on counter. Heat grill (or grill pan) to medium-high.
- Remove chicken from marinade and discard marinade. Place chicken on grill and grill for 5 minutes. Flip over and grill until no longer pink in the middle.
TIP: The marinade can be made in the morning, let the chicken marinate in the refrigerator all day and you can pull dinner together in about 15 minutes. Gotta love that.
Also make sure you have a good BBQ at hand to cook outdoors and make the most of this lovely weather…. Have a look through our BBQ selection here